In a world where health tips practically take over every thought, we’ve gotten some help from health24.com to provide some of the best health tips. For a complete list, visit http://www.health24.com/Diet-and-nutrition/The-immune-system/45-best-health-tips-ever-20120721 but check out a few of my favorites below.
- Make it a habit to do stretching exercises when you wake up—they boost circulation and digestion while easing back pain
- Don’t skip breakfast. Studies show eating a proper breakfast (fresh fruit/fruit juice, a high-fiber cereal, low fat milk and whole wheat toast) is one of the most positive things you can do if you’re trying to lose weight
- Stay properly hydrated during a workout by drinking enough water. Save the energy drinks and sport drinks for post-workout to aid with refueling
- While working out, head to the weights first. Your body is more able to handle weight training early in the workout because you’re fresh and have an abundance of energy
- Don’t eat carbohydrates for at least an hour after exercise, forcing your body to break down body fat rather than using the food you ingest
- Find out your family history. Being educated on inherited genes can provide useful and lifesaving information about your future
- Swimming is the most asthma-friendly sport of all but the experts say cycling, canoeing, fishing, sailing and walking are also good!
- Sleep! Rest heals the body and has been shown to lessen the risk of heart trouble and psychological problems