Heart Attack? Stroke?
Do you know the ways to detect various heart diseases? Listed below are symptoms associated with heart attacks and strokes. Please check them out, and always pay attention to the signs your body is giving you!
- Uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain in the center of your chest that lasts more than a few minutes or goes away and comes back
- Pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach
- Shortness of breath, with or without chest discomfort
- Breaking out in a cold sweat
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing or blurred vision in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking
- Loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause
REMEMBER, a simple way to spot a stroke is to recognize FAST:
F: face drooping
A: arm weakness
S: speech difficulty
T: time to call 911!