Summer is the worst time to catch a cold but it seems to happen more often then not. I’m here right now to give you some tips on how to conquer your sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, cough and fever quickly! The quicker you can get back into the sun, the better!
Wash your hands often
- Germs are typically spread by hand, whether directly or indirectly. Your greatest defense is to wash your hands several times a day with warm, soapy water
Drink plenty of fluids
- Drinking water and other liquids will help prevent dehydration and maintain your body’s fluids
- It’s easier said than done but in order for your body to recover from a virus, you must get plenty of rest
Spend some time in the sun
- The sun’s ultraviolet rays can kill cold viruses, just as ultraviolet light can kill surface germs
Take advantage of the fruits of the season
- Eating fruits and vegetables rich in vitamins and nutrients will help boost your body’s immune system
I’m crossing my fingers that you don’t get sick this summer but remember to take these tips into consideration!