Woah, saying it’s “cold,” seems like a bit of an understatement!
Check out the following tips to stay warm during the cold weather:
- If you have to go outside, doctors suggest wearing as many loose-fitting layers as possible to trap air between clothes and stay warmer.
- Do not leave much skin exposed as it’s easy to get frostbite in these cold conditions.
- Children and the elderly need the most attention. The doctor suggests if your kids return home with wet clothing, remove it fast. If you have older neighbors, try doing outdoor chores for them if they need it.
- Drink hot drinks like tea and hot cocoa to warm your core.
Remember, your vehicle gets cold too! When we get hit with this brutal weather, you must be on top of your car’s vitals:
- Tire pressure gets out of whack once the temperature drops, make sure you don’t head out with a flat.
- Make sure your battery is charged up.
- Check all your fluids under the hood.
- If you plan to start your car to warm it up, keep it running no more than 10 minutes.
- Be sure to check the tread on your tires. One way to do this is to take a penny, turn it upside down and place it between the tread on the tires. If you are able to see Lincoln’s head, it is time to get new tires.
Stay safe, and stay warm!