Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center has celebrated the opening of its expanded and improved Family Birthing Center with a ribbon-cutting ceremony and blessing on April 2.
Located on the fifth floor of the hospital, the newly expanded maternity wing now features:
- Twelve newly constructed private mother-baby rooms, bringing the total number to 31 for the unit; there are also seven labor-delivery-recovery suites
- A comfortable and nurturing environment, designed to be “all-inclusive” and create a highly personalized experience for new parents
- An additional well-baby nursery and nursing station
“We’re thrilled to bring expectant parents and their families this expanded maternity unit,” said Meg Moore, Maternity Consultant and Clinical Manager of Mother Baby . “We go to great lengths to make the experience for them exceptional, and this comfortable and spacious new wing will only enhance that.”
While many hospitals are reporting declining birth rates, Good Samaritan has seen a steady increase since 2000. The maternity unit welcomes more than 3,000 babies into the world each year—higher than any other hospital in the region. The program has an excellent reputation among physicians and patients alike, and it is known for bringing a full suite of services to its clientele, including:
- Personal maternity consultant who creates highly customized birthing plans for parents
- One-on-one education, as well as in- and outpatient lactation support
- A broad range of pain relief options to meet every woman’s needs and to make the birthing experience as comfortable and pleasant as possible
- A full referral service for both ob/gyns and midwives; and a highly experienced nursing staff that specializes in obstetrics
Another incredible comfort to new parents is the center’s onsite Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU),.
“Here, parents get the complete package—personalized care, an expert medical team, advanced security protocols, and education,” said Jeanne Boydston, Clinical Manager of Labor and Delivery.. “Now, with this expansion, the environment complements our extensive offerings.”
Weekly tours for the all-new Union State Bank Family Birthing Center are available the first Sunday of every month at 11 a.m.; no registration is required—simply arrive in the hospital lobby 10 minutes before.