Summer is in full swing and we’re preparing for an exciting and festive Fourth of July weekend! As always, your safety is our number one priority so we’ve compiled a list of some must-have tips for the holiday weekend!
- Never give fireworks to small children and follow all instructions on packages
- Make sure anyone lighting fireworks wears eye protection
- Light only one firework at a time
- Don’t relight a “dud”
- Don’t throw or point fireworks at people, animals, cars, homes or flammable material
- Always supervise a grill when it’s on
- Never grill indoors or in a camper or tent
- Make sure kids and pets stay far enough away from the grill
- Keep the grill away from your home, tree branches and other things that can catch fire
- Use long-handled tools made for cooking on a grill
Lightning Storm Safety—just in case!
- Always look at the weather forecast and cancel/postpone plans if it looks bad
- Know your surroundings and identify the closest safe shelter and the quickest way to get there
- Monitor weather conditions
- Seek shelter if you hear thunder
- Avoid open areas
- Don’t stand near the tallest object
- Don’t seek shelter under tall or isolated trees
Stay safe and have a great holiday weekend!