Looking to make improvements to your health, especially your heart? Well, we have the world’s easiest solution: walking! That’s right, a study shows that the simplest positive change has an excessive amount of benefits, check them out below!
Walking and moderate physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day can help you:
- Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- Improve blood lipid profile
- Improve blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Maintain body weight and lower the risk of obesity
- Enhance mental well-being
- Reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- Reduce the risk of breast cancer
- Reduce the risk of colon cancer
- Reduce the risk of non-insulin dependent diabetes (type 2)
All of those benefits simply by performing one of the first action’s we learn as toddlers? Go put on your sneakers; it’s time to start walking!
Source: American Heart Association